Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Week Five, Thing 12: Rollyo

I must confess my experiences with Rollyo have left a bad taste in my mouth.

I tried to make a searchroll for "movies," including some big-name sites like imdb and rottentomatoes, but also featuring some smaller-profile review sites that I like. When I try to search, however, all I got were results from the big two--even when I deliberately searched for things I knew I could find on the other sites. (Not to mention the results page was crawling with "sponsor's links" and other ads.) If the purpose of the site is to create a way to narrow down information so you only see what's relevant to you, they do a pretty poor job of it, in my opinion.

Either that, or my search choices just don't fit with what your average Rollyo user would like to see.

No comments: